Are you a manager or leader in Higher Education and:
- Have you ever wondered how your leadership might impact on staff and student wellbeing and effect productivity and outcomes?
- Would you like to develop your capacity to take up your role with more confidence and resilience?
- Are you interested in looking at this and developing your leadership and management skills?
If the answers are yes, then this leadership development programme may be for you. Starting in May 2021, this new programme will provide an opportunity to reflect upon your leadership style, understand how to lead in a way that builds resilience and confidence both in yourself and your staff and develop skills to lead and manage in a way that enhances productivity.
The programme will focus on the following:
- How to fully take up your role as leader; how to manage your authority in role, hold individuals and teams to account, manage boundaries, and encourage quality engagement with the work.
- How to understand team dynamics, create and maintain an environment that supports wellbeing and enhances performance and outcomes.
- How to understand dynamics across different parts of the organisation and the impact on your team / department. How to understand the impact of external influences upon your institution, your department / team, your staff and your role.
- How to lead and support teams through change and uncertainty.
- How to use a coaching style approach to enhance performance and develop staff and students.
Participants will have the opportunity to build a supportive peer learning group as they progress through the programme. There will be work to complete in between modules.
This programme is for you if you are a manager or leader in an academic department or support services in Higher Education.
The programme will take place one day fortnightly from 9.30 am - 4.30pm on the following dates:
- Thursday 6th May 2021
- Thursday 20th May 2021
- Thursday 27th May 2021 (change in fortnightly pattern to avoid half term)
- Thursday 17th June 2021
- Thursday 1st July 2021
You will need to be able to attend all dates as it is an interactive course and it will take place online using the secure Zoom platform.
Early bird rate £1100 for those signed up by 31st March 2021. Reductions available for multiple participants from one organisation.
Booking for this programme is now open and can be done so by clicking the link in the box below. All bookings are taken via Eventbrite.
If you have any questions about the programme, Please email s TC@TavistockConsulting.co.uk or fill in the enquiry form below to be notified of when it does.
Charlotte is an organisational consultant and coach at Tavistock Consulting and brings 20 years’ experience as a counsellor, supervisor, trainer and leader. She has extensive experience working as a clinician and leader in Higher Education, most recently she led, and successfully developed, a busy counselling service in a London University. She has also worked in the third sector and the NHS, providing counselling, supervision and training for children, adults and staff.
In her current role at Tavistock Consulting, she provides Executive coaching and consultancy to leaders and teams across sectors, alongside developing and delivering bespoke training. She teaches on the Masters in Leading and Consulting in organisations and has previously taught on counselling courses. Charlotte is a qualified and BACP accredited counsellor, an EMCC accredited coach and has completed the ORSC practitioner certificate in systems coaching.
Charlotte is one of the few Welsh speaking organisational consultants in the UK and is often invited as a guest to speak in Welsh on programmes broadcast by BBC Radio Cymru discussing matters around mental health.
Jennie Mc Shannon
Jennie is an experienced organisational consultant and coach working across the public and private sectors. She has worked extensively in health, housing services and higher education, in voluntary sector organsations, business starts ups and in financial services. She has designed and delivered a successful range of development programmes for leaders at all levels.
Jennie is an EMCC accredited coach at senior practitioner level. She brings to her role 20 years senior leadership experience in social care sector and was CEO of a national charity. She is faculty on the Tavistock and Portman’s Masters in Consulting and Leading in Organisations and is the Director of the Tavistock's Executive Coaching Programme 2021.
Make an enquiry