*NEW FOR 2021*
Bringing together the specialisms from the expert staff in the Social Care, Management and Leadership team at the Tavistock and Portman and Tavistock Consulting, this unique programme combines the Tavistock systems-psychodynamic approach to leadership and to contemporary social work practice, for recently appointed and aspiring team leaders or those who want to develop their leadership skills.
Each session will focus on key areas of leadership: Self, Team, System, Change, Diversity and Learning and will examine the following:
- What it means to take up the role of leader, hold individual and teams to account, manage boundaries, encourage engagement in quality improvement in services to adults and children
- Developing a coaching approach to your leadership and management style
- How to understand team dynamics, enhancing team performance, influencing and addressing challenging conversations
- Leading teams through change and uncertainty
- Understanding the impact of individuals and the bigger system on effective work.
Participants will have the opportunity to build a supportive peer learning group as they progress through the programme and managers will be encouraged to be active supporters throughout this programme, giving the participants opportunities to implement and embed their learning through their role with their team and in their organisation.
The programme will focus on the following:
1. Developing self as leader
2. Leading effective teams
3. Promoting diversity in leadership
4. Leading change and a celebration of learning.
Jo Williams, Social Worker and Senior Social Work Lecturer
Jo is a social worker and has worked in a social care and social work settings for almost 30 years, initially in the community with adults with a physical and learning disabilities before moving to social work with children and families. She has 10 years’ experience as a leader and manager in social work and currently offers external supervision and coaching to social workers and leaders in the sector.
Jo currently works at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust as the Delivery Lead for the national (England) Practice Supervisor Development Programme and is a Senior Lecturer in their Social Care, Leadership and Management Portfolio. Key areas of teaching specialism are social work supervision, leadership and management, with key theoretical frameworks including systemic practice, psycho-analytical, psychodynamic, relationship based, restorative practice and leadership.
Jennie Mc Shannon, Organisational Consultant
Jennie is an experienced organisational consultant and coach working across the public and private sectors. She has worked extensively in health, housing services and higher education, in voluntary sector organsations, business starts ups and in financial services. She has designed and delivered a successful range of development programmes for leaders at all levels.
Jennie is an EMCC accredited coach at senior practitioner level. She brings to her role 20 years senior leadership experience in social care sector and was CEO of a national charity. She is faculty on the Tavistock and Portman’s Masters in Consulting and Leading in Organisations and is the Director of the Tavistock's Executive Coaching Programme 2021.
This programme is for you if you work in a social work or social care setting and want to develop your leadership skills and build resilience and confidence to take on this important role.
- Online: The programme runs one day fortnightly with between module onsite and home learning activities.
- In person: If we come to your organisation, the programme will run in 2 two-day blocks and a final one day.
Please note: Participants will need to be able to attend all dates.
- Cost £19,750 for up to 16 participants or £1,235 per participant
* Cost is for up to 16 participants. Participants will need to be able to attend all dates. We can run the programme via Zoom or in your Trust premises. If you require us to use a third party venue this will incur an additional charge.
To commission this programme or to find out more, please contact us at email@example.com
Make an enquiry